Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Glamdourdoll Eye's February OTM: Nothing Sour About "Toxic Grape!"

      I have to admit, I was secretly hoping that January's OTM was going to be purple, but I had a strong feeling that it was going to be this year's go-to emerald color (and don't get me wrong, Flourishing was NOT by any means disappointing!)  On top of that, I've been experimenting with a lot of purple shadows lately (my original favorite eye color) as I'm rediscovering all the beautiful different finishes.  Fast forward to today, I couldn't help but smile when I saw the color name Toxic Grape and opened the lid to the OTM jar which revealed another additional shade of purple for me to play with! :)  It was created by Chelsea, (she does amazing eye looks) who I remember initially asked Vee about a shadow idea back in the summer, so I'm really glad she was able to make her own color.  
     The OTM card describes Toxic Grape as:
"A deep purple with light pink undertones and gold & blue sparkles. Safe for eyes. Nails. Face."




Without flash.



The entire set.

    Going along with the Valentine theme, Vee included a bag of candy conversation hearts with the order. As a bonus this month, she personalized the bag into one for you and one for a friend, consisting of a bonus bag of candy and sample of the February OTM!


Awwww. :)

The set for a friend.

Sample baggie. Taken with flash.



     The best way to describe this color is that it is a pure purple with sparkle.  It's on the warmer side and looks like it will go well with a lot of different colors.  I did notice as soon as I washed the swatches off that the one applied with Control Freak took more time to clean off. It did leave just the faintest stain on my skin-good news for eyes; just be careful around clothing!

With Foil Me             With Control Freak      Applied Alone
(No flash).

With Foil Me             With Control Freak      Applied Alone
(Flash).



Toxic Grape on lid, Calypso on outer "v' and outer crease, Grease Lightning on inner crease, and Lexington on brow bone and inner corner highlight. Control Freak was used as a primer, while Foil Me was mixed with Toxic Grape. All eye photos taken with flash.


     If you're an OTM subscriber, what do you think of the color this month?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Hidden Treasures Beauty, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena