Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Series: Anti-Valentine: Blue Valentine Featuring Glamourdoll Eyes


     So, I wanted to have a little variety and include something more artistic.  As I was working on it, there were some things I would have changed, but this was my first time creating a darker-themed look.

     I started off by using a eye brush to pat Nymphette from the Blogger Collection onto my lid, crease, and outer "v."  Next, I used my black Nyx rectractable eyeliner and drew across the crease.  I used my finger to smudge and blend it outward.  This was a rather messy process, so I used a large fluffy foundation brush to clean up fallout and applied concealer underneath my eye and along the outside of my eye at an angle from the edge of my lower lash line to the tip of my eyebrow.  Next, I took Corpselike from the 2012 Halloween Collection and placed it onto my brow bone and blended it slightly with Nympette.  I then took Foil Me and mixed it with the Fierce Eye Lights (unfortunately, the Eye Lights are discontinued :( , but you can find glitters at several other companies) and applied it onto my lid.  Using a foundation brush, I applied Corpselike all over my face to achieve a pale appearance.  Using Foil Me once again, I pat it underneath my eye area.  I then used an angled brush to apply Ahoy Sailor in streaks.  I smudged the area, and reapplied the pigment is some areas.  I then dripped a very small amount of water onto my face to further achieve a smudged appearance. With the angled brush, I lined some areas with concealer as well as eye liner to enhance the streaks.  Again with Foil Me, I used Eye Lights Fierce and Pink Cadillac for a subtle feminine effect.  When I lined my eyes, I applied a generous amount of liner on my lower lash line and smudged it.  I really love the big, dramatic lashes from the Maleficent elf Disney Villains kit, so I used them.



Without flash.




With flash.






     For my lips, I used EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere in Strawberry Sorbet as a moisturizing base, and applied Spider Sense from the Super Shadows Collection onto my lips in a bee sting fashion. The remainder of the lips were covered with concealer. I used a dark red lip liner in for an enhanced effect (I used the darker liner from elf's Maleficent Palette).




     I had a lot of fun with this look because it was so different for me, but I certainly hope that everyone has a much better Valentine's Day than this!




Products Used:

     Face:
elf Glow Bronzing Powder in Sun Kissed 
Tarte BB Tinted Treatment Primer in Light
Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer in Light
Glamourdoll Eyes pigment in 
    Corpselike (Halloween 2012 Collection)
    Ahoy Sailor
Glamourdoll Eyes Eye Lights in
     Fierce
     Pink Cadillac
Nyx Waterproof Retractable Eye Liner in Black  

    Eyes: 
Glamourdoll Eyes Control Freak Primer
Glamourdoll Eyes Foil Me
Glamordoll Eyes pigments in
      Nymphette (Blogger Collection)
      Corpselike
Nyx Waterproof Retractable Eye Liner in Black 
Wet n Wild Color Icon Brow & Eye Liner in Taupe
elf falsh lashes from Disney Villains Maleficent set

    Lips:

EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere in Strawberry Sorbet

Glamourdoll Eyes pigment in Spider Sense (Super Shadows Collection)
darker lip/cheek stain from elf Disney Villians Maleficent set

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Hidden Treasures Beauty, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena