Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Series: Vampy Valentine (Featuring Glamourdoll Eyes)




     This is a darker look using mostly Glamourdoll pigments. This one was probably my favorite of the series because it's not something I wear often, though I'm a fan of darker colors.  I've also been really into revisiting purples lately, which was my original favorite eye color years ago. While I was referring to the "vamp" fashion look, I unintentionally ended up using the Twi Shadows from Glamourdoll Eyes...what a coincidence!  Take note that is is also a very glittery look, as all but one of the pigments contain sparkle.

     I started off by priming my entire eye area, and then applied Skin of a Killer (now discontinued) onto my brow bone and inner corner. I then placed Premonition (now in the permanent line!) lightly onto my lid and all over my crease and outer "v." I also applied Premonition onto my lower lash line with an angled brush. Next, I took Shiro's Day of Reckoning and pat it into the outer "v." I blended it into Premonition with my brush.  Finally, I applied Mannequin from the Halo collection onto my entire lid area.  Since this is a more dramatic look, I traced my entire eye area with retractable liner, including the inner corners of my eyes.  For the upper lash area, I did a cat eye look with the liner. I finished with  mascara, and concealer.

    For my lip, I used N.Y.C. Ultra Moist Lip Wear in Mahogony, which is a deep, rich berry red.(Since I tend to look for either Wet n' Wild or N.Y.C. at the stores and often tend to find only one or the other, or if you have a preference, Wet n' Wild. has a color that appeared identical to this one in Cherrybomb.  I chose the N.Y.C. color since it cost less. I honestly expected a cheap taste when I applied this onto my lips, but was so surprised to find that it was a pleasant berry flavor.  The application was so-so, but it was a very dark color, and I expected it to be a little messy. After applying the lip color, I traced it with concealer on the outer lip. 

     Since I was using so many cooler-toned colors, especially the lipstick, I knew it would wash my face out. To help add warmth, I used Sparkler from Glamourdoll Eyes as a blush on the apples of my cheeks.

    Since this is a flirty look, I chose one of the largest lash sets I have and put those on as a final touch.


Without flash.


With flash.





 Products Used:

     Face:
elf Glow Bronzing Powder in Sun Kissed 
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation in Light
Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer in Light
Glamourdoll Eyes pigment in Sparkler (Blogger Collection)

    Eyes: 
I-Candi Cosmetics Eye Shadow Base 
Glamourdoll Eyes pigment in Skin of a Killer (Twi-Shadows, discontinued)
Glamourdoll Eyes pigment in Premonition (Twi-Shadows, PERMANENT Collection)
Glamourdoll Eyes pigment in Mannequin (Halo Collection)
Shiro Cosmetics pigment in Day of Reckoning
Tarte Amazonion Clay Smart Mascara in Gifted
Nyx Waterproof Retractable Eye Liner in Black 
Wet n Wild Color Icon Brow & Eye Liner in Taupe
elf Ultimate Lashes 4 Piece Lash Set 

    Lips:
N.Y.C. Ultra Moist Lip Wear in Mahogony


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Hidden Treasures Beauty, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena