Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Shiro's February COTM: Gettin' Frisky With "My Cat's My Valentine"




     Shiro surprised us with not one, but TWO colors of the month this February! While both colors are gorgeous, I'm on a budget and trying not to select colors similar to what I already have. However, I felt obligated to purchase one of them. As a self-confessed "cat lady", I was loving My Cat's My Valentine! (Click here to see both colors). It was just too funny and adorable; not to mention a very pretty color.

  My Cat's My Valentine is described as "a creamy light pink with bright white sparkles" on Shiro's website.  While I enjoy pink shadows, I was expecting a very soft, light pink. I was pleased to open the jar and find that it was actually more of a light pinky mauve, which is something I did not have in my collection. If you're curious as to what white sparkle may look like, it's actually an iridescent color that reflects pink and soft greens. Due to its creamy consistency, it comes off as pearly when applied wet.  



Check out the lid. How ADORABLE is that?!









The colors below were swatched under regular indoor lighting:

Without flash
Left- Applied with I-Candy Cosmetics Eye Base
Center- Applied wet, with I-Candy Cosmetics Base
Right- Applied alone



With flash
Left- Applied with I-Candy Cosmetics Eye Base
Center- Applied wet, with I-Candy Cosmetics Base
Right- Applied alone



     I'm really glad the latter swatch captured the color's shimmer, because the creaminess really does give it a little more pop.  Some soft pinks, while beautiful in color, come off as a bit too subtle.  Also, since it's lip-safe, this will be a fun color to play around with on lips and cheeks, too.

     The following look was done using I-Candy's Eye Base with Shiro's My Cat's My Valentine applied wet on the lid, Nic Cage Raking Leaves on a Brisk October Afternoon ;) along the crease, and Day of Reckoning on the lower lash line.

Without flash



With flash



     You can get My Cat's My Valentine while it's still out this month! It's definitely a unique novelty name and jar (like most Colors of the Month) and a pretty pink to boot.  It sells for $6.00 a jar, or you can purchase both COTM's for a total of $10.00.  






     And, only because it's appropriate, here is my sweet little Valentine ;)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Hidden Treasures Beauty, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena