Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Valentine's Series: Golden Dew

     Hi everyone! So, I'm thinking of doing a small series of looks for Valentine's Day.  I want to do a few different looks that can hopefully cater to different preferences.  Today I'm starting off with a "Golden Dew" look.  This is a soft, feminine look that would be great for any time of the year.



     I'll include a complete list of products used at the end of this post, but I'll mention the main items used as I went. For this look, I intentionally wanted the main products to be budget-friendly and easily accessible for anyone to use.  I started off by applying a bronzer onto the hollows of my cheek and along my chin for contouring.  I blended the bronzer in and then applied a foundation over my entire face, including my eye lids and crease (I chose not to use an eye primer for this look).  Then I applied Maybelline New York Color Tattoo By Eyestudio in Bold Gold along the lid, into the crease of the eye, and along my lower lash line.  I used Maybelline New York Color Tattoo By Eyestudio in Too Cool on my brow brown and blended along where it met Bold Gold. and also applied a dab of Too Cool into the corner of the eye to brighten them.  As far as eye color goes, you can stop here, but I wanted to add a little more dimension.  I took a few colors from the elf 24 K 100-Piece Eyeshadow Palette.  The colors do not have names, but I photographed the colors for you to refer to. (Sidenote: This 100-piece set cost $8.00 on clearance and is highly versatile! Unfortunately, the 24K edition is discontinued, but 100-piece palettes are still on sale on elf's site for $10.00, which will work fine!  Always keep your eyes peeled for clearances when you're out at the store)  

     I applied this color over Too Cool on my brow bone for added shimmer:
This is a shimmery, iridescent light yellow.


     I simply dabbed this color in the center of my lid:
This darker gold color has just a little bronze to it, to bring out some dimension to the gold.


     I blended this color into the outer "v."
This shimmery, hazelnut brown is just dark enough to add depth to the eye without overpowering the look.


     I actually applied Bold Gold once more onto the entire lid, crease, and outer "v" to unify the look.  I then applied retractable liner on my upper lash line and lower water line, added mascara, and liquid eyeliner onto the upper lash line.  I used a little Vaseline keep my brow hairs in place, and colored them in with liner. I used a cream concealer on my face,  under my eyes and blended on an angle along the outer edge of my eye for a clean look. I finished off the look with a soft blush color on the apple of my cheeks and a matching pink/coral gloss to work with the gold.

Without flash.



With flash.

Without flash.

With flash.




     Products Used:

     Face:
elf Glow Bronzing Powder in Sun Kissed 
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation in Light
Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer in Light
elf Blush in Candid Coral 

    Eyes: 
Maybelline New York Color Tattoo By Eyestudio in Bold Gold
Maybelline New York Color Tattoo By Eyestudio in  Too Cool
elf 24 K 100-Piece Eyeshadow Palette 
Tarte Amazonion Clay Smart Mascara in Gifted
Nyx Waterproof Retractable Eye Liner in Black 
elf Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Travel-sized jar of Vaseline in Original (for setting brows)
Wet n Wild Color Icon Brow & Eye Liner in Taupe

    Lips:
Essence of Beauty Mini Lipgloss Set "London Calling" in the light pink/coral

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Hidden Treasures Beauty, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena