Friday, March 15, 2013

Glamour Doll Eyes March OTM- Dreamboat is Peachy Keen!

     The OTM's always leave me guessing, and I was a bit stumped on this one. I automatically wanted to think green would be the monthly color in honor of St. Patrick's Day, but figured it would be out of the question since it was already featured in January.  Vee's hint with the name Dreamboat a few weeks ago only made me think of water- a blue, perhaps?  I sure was proven very wrong, but now have another unique color added to my pigment collection in Dreamboat.

     When I opened the package, I was greeted with one of the satin drawstring bags that every OTM comes in; this one was a soft peach. Honestly, it is by far my favorite bag in terms of color- just so soft and feminine. It kind of reminds me of ballet slippers. 





     I continued to open the bag, and to my surprise, my face appeared on the March OTM card! I literally squealed! 


Photo from my "Vampy Valentine" look!

     Vee had asked for head shots from customers to use for the OTM card, and I honestly did not think I would be selected. Thank you again, Glamour Doll Eyes! You have made me one very happy girl. :) Vee is still looking for faces to put on two months' worth of OTM cards, so if you are interested, visit the Glamour Doll Eye Facebook page for more information.


The contents.


     To match the pastel springy theme, there were also pastel packaged candies included in the bag.  Peach was definitely the theme of the month, because Dreamboat turned out to be a spring-forward color. As described on the OTM card:

"A light peach with green sheen. Safe for eyes, lips, nails, face."




     The pigment appears bright orange-yellow in the jar, but actually has more of an light orange-gold color once applied. I love the fact that is has green hints in it as well, because it works really nicely with green pastels. (See look further down for the color combination).


Without Flash:
Left: With Control Freak and Foil Me
Center: With Control Freak
Right: Dry


With Flash:
Left: With Control Freak and Foil Me
Center: With Control Freak
Right: Dry

     Vee also does bonus months, where she includes additional products in the package. This month, she also added a sample jar of Petticoat, a highlighter from Kiss My Sass Cosmetics. Following the theme, it is another peach color. I found this to be more on the pinky side.  





Without Flash:
Applied dry.


With Flash:
Applied dry.


     Even though it's a highlighter, I applied it along my cheekbones and found that it added a really nice touch of color to my face. It was very natural looking for a healthy glow. 

  The following pictures were taken with a flash. Petticoat was used on the browbone. Dreamboat was applied onto the lid, Mackinac (pronounced Mack-in-NAW) in the outer-v, June Bug in the crease, and Sparkler in the center of the lid and edge of inner lid. Pink Cadillac from the discontinued Eye Lights collection was added to the bottom to further soften the look. All of the GDE colors excluding the OTM and Pink Cadillac are a part of the permanent Blogger Collection. If you are new to Glamour Doll Eyes, I would suggest the Blogger Collection as a great starter set due to its nice variety of colors.











Taken without flash, to show the overall look and slightest touch of color Petticoat adds to the cheeks:




     This month's pigments really challenged me to put aside the darker colors and go softer.  I'm really excited to try out this color with a few other pastels I have, in addition to some other brighter pigments and see how they work with one another! Since it's lip-safe, I also think Dreamboat would look amazing dabbed on top center of another lip color for a little peach punch.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Hidden Treasures Beauty, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena